At Opya, we understand no single therapeutic approach will work for all children diagnosed with autism. Our ABA therapy specialists are trained in a variety of different approaches and partner closely with Opya colleagues who are speech therapists and occupational therapists in order to create individualized unique treatment plans for each child in our care. This allows us to provide the most comprehensive and effective ABA therapy service possible.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach to Autism Treatment
At Opya, our approach to early-intervention autism treatment involves three core therapeutic practices:
- ABA therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
ABA Therapy (ABA)
ABA therapy is an evidence-based treatment for autism that focuses on changing behavior through positive reinforcement. This approach effectively reduces challenging behaviors in children and increases communication, social, and adaptive skills in children diagnosed with autism.
Benefits of ABA therapy include:
- ABA therapy can help your child diagnosed with autism develop new skills and improve social functioning
- ABA therapy is an evidence-based treatment that effectively reduces challenging behaviors in children
- ABA therapy can be tailored to meet your child’s individual needs, making it an effective form of treatment
At Opya, our highly trained therapists work with you and your child to identify their strengths and mitigate their weaknesses. Our therapy solutions allow our team to tailor a therapy solution to meet individual needs. We work closely with families to ensure that they can continue the progress made in therapy between our visits.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapy (OT) is a type of therapy that helps children with autism improve their ability to perform activities of daily living. OT can also help prevent or delay the onset of such difficulties.
At Opya, our occupational therapists work with children diagnosed with autism to develop the skills they need for daily living, such as dressing, eating, and bathing. Other benefits of occupational therapy for children with autism include:
- Occupational therapy can help develop skills needed for daily living
- Occupational therapy can help improve fine motor skills, such as handwriting
- Occupational therapy can help improve gross motor skills, such as riding a bike
- Occupational therapy can help children diagnosed with autism develop social skills to interact more effectively with others
Occupational therapy is just one part of the multidisciplinary approach to the autism treatment services that we provide at Opya, and can be critical for many of the children in our care.
Speech therapy is a type of therapy that helps children with communication issues improve their speech and language skills. Speech therapy can also help improve your child’s ability to understand and express emotions. As a result, our speech therapists work with children to improve their communication skills. Still, because these things are so intertwined, we also work on emotional regulation and developing social skills as a part of the aba therapy process.
Some of the benefits of speech therapy for children diagnosed with autism include the following:
- Speech therapy can help improve your child’s communication skills
- Speech therapy can help improve your child’s social skills
- Speech therapy can help improve your child’s emotional regulation
As with occupational therapy, the degree to which speech therapy will play a role in your child’s treatment will depend upon their individual needs. However, it is an essential part of our approach at Opya.
Learn More About Our In-Home Multidisciplinary Approach to Autism
If you are looking for in-home care for a child diagnosed with autism in the Greater Sacramento Area, Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, or Orange County, Opya might be the autism treatment solution for you. To learn more about how our multidisciplinary approach to autism can help your child reach their full potential, reach out today at (888) 300-6792 or contact us online.