What is ABA Therapy?
Among the various therapeutic approaches to autism, applied behavior analysis (ABA) is perhaps the most recognized and highly regarded. At its core, ABA focuses on observing and understanding behavior in order to change it. ABA therapy is an evidence-based approach that is an effective treatment for children diagnosed with autism, helping them develop skills and improve their quality of life. Far from being a one-size-fits-all approach, ABA is highly customizable to the needs of the individual child.
Opya is proud to be a premier provider of in-home early intervention ABA therapy services for children 18 months to 6 years old living with autism. We earned a 3-year Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) accreditation, a testament to our commitment to clinical excellence and quality outcomes. Our team of experienced and certified ABA therapists will work with your child to help them develop new skills and reduce problem behaviors. Whether you are the parent of a child diagnosed with autism or a medical professional interested in making a referral, Opya has a solution for you.
Advantages of an In-Home ABA Therapy Program
There are many advantages to in-home ABA therapy including:
- Convenience: An in-home ABA therapy program can be more convenient than traditional clinic-based care. It allows families to keep their children in a familiar environment while still receiving high-quality care
- Flexibility: In-home ABA therapy programs are often more flexible than traditional therapy programs, making them easier to fit into busy schedules
- Affordability: In-home ABA therapy is often more affordable than traditional outpatient therapy, and at Opya, we work with 90% of insurance plans in California
Additionally, early intervention in-home ABA therapy offers many of the same benefits as traditional ABA therapy, such as:
- Customization: In-home ABA therapy is highly individualized to each child’s needs
- Evidence-based: ABA is an evidence-based approach with a long history of success in treating autism
- Proven results: ABA has been shown to improve skills and reduce problem behaviors in children with autism
At Opya, we are proud to offer high-quality in-home ABA therapy services for children diagnosed with autism. Our team of experienced and certified ABA therapists will work with your child to help them develop new skills.
The Importance of Early Intervention with ABA
ABA therapy is most effective when it is started early, ideally before the age of six. Early intervention ABA therapy can help children with autism develop new skills and reduce problem behaviors. It is important to note that ABA is not a “cure” for autism, but it can be a highly effective treatment option.
ABA therapy can help children with autism in many ways. The most common goals of ABA therapy are to increase communication skills, social skills, and self-care skills. It can also help reduce problem behaviors such as tantrums, self-injury, and aggression.
At Opya, we treat children as young as 18 months old with the goal of successfully integrating them into an elementary school program. Through therapeutic approaches like ABA, we have seen children in our programs achieve this goal and lead happy and fulfilling lives.
Learn More About ABA Therapy at Opya
If you are looking for an ABA therapy program in Northern California (Sacramento Area, Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area) or Southern California (Orange County), Opya might be right for you. We center our practice on the “Opya Way,” which involves early intervention, in-home care, and staying connected through the Opya App.
To learn more about ABA therapy at Opya, please contact us today at (888) 300-6792. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our program and how we can help your child reach their full potential.